Our client, a Tier - 1 automotive manufacturing client based in Guelph, ON, is hiring for a full-time Automation Engineer to join their team. Ideal candidate must have an excellent PLC Programming combined with experience of factory-floor data networking and machine communication.
- Hands-on interaction with a large variety of control systems to understand processes and extract the required SCADA data signals for monitoring within an MES/IoT system.
- Troubleshoot machine communications to support data transfers to control systems.
- Connect to machines with various control systems to update IP addresses and to extract the required data signals to Allen Bradley data concentrator using AB native protocols or implementing KEPWARE communications across various platforms.
- Work directly with machine and automation builders during support of IP changes and signal extraction.
- Closely follow programming standards and direction and contribute in Standards development.
- Document changes made and best practices on machine connection and signal extraction.
- Engage in continuous learning by attending formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
- Conduct self-directed studies by reading journals and trade publications.
- Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the Controls and automation field.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
- A minimum of five years of experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting in an automation system build, repair or retrofit capacity.
- Robust knowledge of advanced PLC programming on Allen Bradley RS Logix - additional knowledge and experience with Siemens Step7/TIA Portal and Fanuc would be beneficial.
- Experience with factory-floor data networking and machine communications (Ethernet, TCP/IP, OPC).
- Previous experience with vision and metal marking systems.
- Industrial Electrical Maintenance (442A) Certificate of Qualification or working towards certification is a definite asset.
- Discipline, attention to detail and a passion for accuracy is a required compliment to your creative thinking.
- Ability to work within, co-ordinate and lead cross functional teams.
- Ability and interest to travel internationally 10% - 25%
Forge Consulting Group prides itself on delivering a quality service to all our clients. Whether you are a job seeker or business partner, integrity and speed are the cornerstones to our success. By building long-term partnerships with our clients we can respond quickly to their needs with an obligation to confidentiality and a commitment to quality.