Job Title: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Concord
Department: Finance - Accounting
Job Purpose Summary
The Accounts Receivable Administrator performs and manages the activities in the A/R department and is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments both at a corporate and branch level. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives and accounting staff as necessary to complete job duties.
- Receive and fill out receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, cheques, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to A/R ledger both at corporate and branch level.
- Balance daily A/R batches.
- Collaborate with Rebate Administrator on reconciliation of rebates accruals and deductions.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Coordinate the processing of credit notes due to rebates, errors or returns.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Investigate collection problems and report to AR and Credit Supervisor.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Help maintain orderly filing procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understands and adheres to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to all employees.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the AR and Credit Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Experience in multi division operations
- Experience with customer rebates
- Experience with SAP will be an asset
- Excel knowledge