Job Title: Truck & Trailer Loader
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of the position is to carry out the loading of customers’ orders and also to support receiving. It includes complex loading; receiving goods; documentation; inventory counting; picking the ordered materials; assembling orders into lift configurations; marking shipping instructions onto crates; and packaging as per customer order. This also involves verifying all shipments.
The individual is expected to load complex orders, receive goods and pick-up ordered materials correctly as per each customer order as required. The individual is also responsible for the safe operation of the forklift, pre-use inspection and adhering to health and safety act, rules and regulations. The individual is responsible for achieving day to day targets given by the Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with dispatcher & driver to understand loading requirements and load complex orders safely, completely and accurately. Identify, count and document the lifts
- Fasten banding, blocking, plastic etc. to ensure secured load and safe shipment
- Load trucks safely and in a reasonable amount of time. Strap, corner or tarp loads
- Drive trucks/tractor-trailers for shunting & it includes hooking and unhooking trailers.
- Check all loads with drivers; complete drivers manifest and night shift loading report
- Unload, unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages and report to the Supervisor.
- Pick Bailey products as per customer orders, and assemble and prepare necessary lifts. Process KML orders and load. Carry out inventory count.
- Verify the quantities and the type of products to be put into lifts as per the picking ticket
- Mark, stamp, stencil information and shipping instructions onto crates or lifts according to customer requirements and quality control standards.
- Operate tow motor in a safe & competent manner. Coordinate & load containers.
- Use the supplied equipment and tools in a safe manner.
- Examine all outgoing shipments and compare items against bill of lading, picking tickets, invoices, orders or other records to ensure order accuracy and load safety.
- Tape broken boxes, re-face, and or repackage product under supervisor’s direction.
- Act as a guide while operating the tow motor to avoid accidents and incidents.
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules and requirements laid out by the Company.
- Serve customers promptly. Must be courteous to customers and other workers.
- Participate in all type of training (job, quality and safety) arranged by the Company.
- Carry out any other work assigned by the supervisor or management.
- Excellent performance as a warehouseman/Tow Motor / Receiver / Simple Truck loader.
- Loading knowledge gained by working a minimum of 3 months steady night loading shift.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment / tools such as tow motor, strapping machine, natural gas re-fuel station, chop saw, mobile ladder, two-way radio, tape measure etc.
- 100% Bailey’s product knowledge, lift configurations, sizes and weights, product stacking requirements, product stocking areas, container loading, and truck loading.
- High school graduate, proficient in speaking and writing English.
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious.
- Quick learner, Team Player with initiatives and capable of meeting deadlines
- Fast-paced plant environment, PPE required.
- The individual must physically be able to lift materials up to 50 pounds.
- Physically capable of meeting the demands of operating a forklift safely. (Ex: vision)
- Shift work.