The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawartha’s. Our Activities Department offers an array of stimulating programs designed to meet the social, cultural, and recreational needs of our residents. Individual and group activities are designed to compliment interests while enhancing residents’ mobility and independence, as well as spiritual and social involvement.
Canterbury Gardens is looking for an Activity Assistant who will share in our passion for providing superior levels of service to our residents. As our successful candidate, you will work closely with staff, residents, and resident families to design and implement an array of stimulating programs to further enrich the lives of our residents.
- Assist in developing and implementing a variety of programming that maximizes resident participation
- Provide assistance in completion of individualized assessments for residents and incorporating individual needs into general programming and providing tailored plans as appropriate
- Monitor and report changes in resident status and modify plans as needed
- Maintain and promote good relationships with resident family members, including seeking opportunities to include families in events
- Promote cooperation with other departments and Gardens of Peterborough Homes to optimize service to residents
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Must be available to work various shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Post-secondary education with a degree/diploma in Recreational/Leisure/Activation, with a specialization in Gerontology or the equivalent
- Education or experience working with the cognitively challenged is an asset
- Recent graduates who have successfully completed a placement in a Retirement Community or Long Term Care setting will be considered
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills are essential
- Must possess clean driving record and a valid “F” license, or willing to obtain one
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.