The Gardens of Peterborough are looking for healthcare professionals who share in our passion for providing quality care and superior levels of service to our residents. As a Personal Support Worker with The Gardens, we will rely upon you to assist our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will be responsible for providing hands-on care to residents including assistance with personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, mobility, and other emotional and social aspects of daily life. You will maintain and promote good communication with staff and enhance customer service to residents/families.
- Provide hands-on compassionate delivery of skilled services to residents in the provision of care with adherence to confidentiality, privacy, and a focus on maintaining dignity.
- Assist residents with the personal care required for daily living including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, functional mobility and mobilization, feeding, wound care, oral care, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in developmental in-services, department meetings, and/or seminars and external continuing education opportunities.
- Ensure clear and effective communication while promoting teamwork and good relationships with co-workers; Interact with residents and their families in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner at all times.
- Respond to resident and family concerns promptly and in a manner that optimizes resident dignity, promotes independence, and is sensitive to any physical and/or emotional challenges they may face.
- Must possess a valid PSW certificate or be in the second year of the RPN / RN program.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Prior experience in retirement or long term care environment preferred.
- Must be available to work varied shifts.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.