Hourly Wage: $23.0326 - $26.8235
Location: Veterans Memorial Lodge
Closing Date: August 13, 2019
Position # 108299
Schedule: Set C, 1:30-9:30, 4 on: 2 off shift rotation, 1.00 FTE
Status: Regular Full-Time
Comp #: 2019-90
Do you want to be part of an amazing team? We hire fantastic people, and we are looking for more caring individuals like you to make every moment matter for our residents and clients. Take that passion for what you do every day and provide a difference that helps people enjoy life to the fullest.
The Activity Worker selects, plans, implements, and evaluates a variety of safe activities which assist in meeting the clients’/residents’ social, recreational, intellectual, and physical needs, and works with and supports other team members, students, and registered volunteers assigned to the program. Participation in interdisciplinary case reviews and electronic charting is also required.
- Graduation from a recognized Activation Certificate or Recreation & Leisure Program, OR;
- 3rd or 4th year University Education in a relevant field; such as Recreation and Health; Kinesiology; Social Work; Child and Youth Studies; Mental Health; Education, OR;
- Secondary school graduation supplemented by appropriate courses related to the duties to be performed, OR;
- Graduation from an approved College or vocational Institution with an appropriate diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience working with geriatric clients in a day program or community setting preferred
- Knowledge of the therapeutic value of a particular activity
- Work within an interdisciplinary team
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to stimulate residents’ interests, assess results of the program and work effectively on an individual or small group basis
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively and communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, volunteers, residents, family members and the general public
- Ability to manage workload in time provided and develop programs to meet the changing needs of clients and residents
- Possession of a valid B.C. Class 4 Driver’s License; or willing to obtain a Class 4 Driver’s License within 60 days of employment
- Valid Serving it Right certificate; Valid Food Safe certificate; Negative TB screen
- Knowledge of software applications, particularly word processing and e-mail
- Knowledge of electronic charting particularly Point Click Care (PCC)
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all written and verbal communication related to the client, resident and families.
- Cooperative and effective manner in problem solving with staff, clients, residents, family members, volunteers and paid companions.
- Capable of working efficiently, both independently and in collaboration with others.
For questions related to the position, please contact Martha McDougall, Coordinator of Veterans Health Centre, at 250-650-3252
Submit your resume with cover letter by the closing date listed above by email to: email@example.com
Subject line in email should read: 2019-90 AW ADP RPT TLAB
You can also express your interest in this opportunity at “Work With Us” through our website: www.broadmeadcare.com