Position Title: Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist
Location: DRS Pivotal Power, Halifax, NS
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
What it’s like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, and more!
The ILS Specialist is responsible for providing the DRS Pivotal Power Inc. Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and reliability commitments.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all project logistics requirements
- Ability to work with and on occasion lead a team of engineers and technicians to complete a project or projects
- Participates in preparing proposal inputs concerning ILS, product support and reliability areas
- Finalizes and/or generates requested task/man-hour estimates for review and approval
- Coordinates logistics support program activities in the areas of spares, technical data, field and in-house modification programs where requested
- Analyzes engineering change documentation to determine applicability and scope of effort on logistics support activities.
- Team Environment: Works independently.
- Provides project organization with ILS planning and guidance
- Relationship building and customer service skills
- Leadership in focused technical area(s) of expertise
- Versatility and flexibility in customer environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability within areas of responsibility
- Experience in dealing with DND for maintenance planning and ILS
- University degree or technical qualification, preferably in some branch of Engineering
- 5 years minimum ILS experience
- Develop ILS and LSA plans
- Prepare and enter data for, and support, a MIL-STD-1388 application
- Conduct reliability analysis and prepare reports using parts count and parts stress methods
- Prepare training material for all levels of maintenance and operator training
- Prepare source data for technical publications
- Prepare RSPLs and support equipment lists
- Conduct FMECA analyses and prepare reports
- Support bid and proposal by preparation of technical input and estimates for ILS
- Update existing or prepare new procedures to document processes
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, MS Excel as a minimum
- Knowledge of DND LCMM and Supply Support processes would be an asset
- Some knowledge or familiarity with the creation and maintenance of technical manuals would be an asset
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada