Electrical/Electronic Technician is responsible for providing a safe guest experience through effective management of the Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment properties by setting up and maintaining the electrical infrastructure, equipment, appliances and property environment. As a member of our team, you will gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to WOW our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN:
- Ensure Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment properties are clean and all amenities/equipment are functioning properly
- Ensure daily equipment logs are completed (ice machines, refrigerators, freezers etc.) to ensure proper operations and make repairs when necessary.
- Plan, layout, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in the Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment buildings
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Advise management on hazardous continued operation of equipment
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Oder parts and materials necessary to complete minor repairs and fabrications as required
- Perform installation and preventative maintenance on Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment appliances
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring, insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform pre event safety inspection on equipment; provide electrical services for events at the Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment properties
- Ensure lighting is properly functioning
- Maintain written log of permanent changes to electrical systems compare to original installation
- Ensure safe and efficient work procedures are followed
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions
- Facility in site review and inspections with onsite and provincial electrical inspectors
- Assist contractors on equipment repairs such as refrigeration, plumbing and fire controls as required
- Contract outside agencies to arrange for any necessary services as per the purchasing guidelines of the company with the final approval of management
- Perform general building maintenance work as required
- Perform other duties assigned which influence the success of the company and directly relate to the responsibilities of the job
ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician License.
- Possession of a valid 442A Industrial Electrician License preferred.
- Current up to date tickets for: Sky Jack, Fork Lift, Boom Lift, and Fall Arrest is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role required
- Red Seal Certification an asset
- Government Trade Certification
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Basic knowledge of all major building systems (HVAC, electrical, lighting control, fire alarm, security etc.)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including proficiency in the use of tools and equipment associated with building repairs and maintenance activities
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as: volt meter, amp meter etc.
- Knowledge of building codes and municipal bylaws as they relate to the Hamilton Convention Centre and Core Entertainment properties
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- OMERS pension
- Hotel Discounts
- Wellbeing programs
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s and the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group & Core Entertainment make certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group & Core Entertainment will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.