Amphenol Canada Corp. an ISO 9001 Company is a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation of Wallingford, CT. and is exclusively dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of EMI filter connectors and filtering devices for both the aerospace and commercial market segments.
Title: Tool and Die Maker
Reporting to: Tool Room & Mould Shop Supervisor
The top priorities facing the successful candidate are timely completion of projects within budgets, dealing with the requests of internal customers in a timely fashion. At times pressure can be high to meet customer time requirements. Needs to be a self-starter. Performance will be measured by completion of projects within quoted cost & times.
- Designing and programming moulds, dies & assembly tooling
- Building moulds, dies &assembly tooling
- Maintenance & repairs
- Program and set up CNC machines
- Trouble shooting of Moulds,Dies and Tooling.
- Other related duties as required
- Work with all departments at all levels
- Work with engineers to produce effective tooling
- Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment; this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training.
- Commit to your self-development goals as discussed with your Supervisor.
- Be able to design and build moulds, jigs, fixtures and assembly tooling.
- Tool Maker and Mould Maker experience.
- Ability to set-up and operate all Tool-room machine tools.
- CNC set up experience
- Be conversant with CAM software, preferably Gibbs-Cam.
- Wire EDM Programming and set-up experience.
- Experience in the small component high tech industry
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written & spoken English
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels
- Knowledge of trade related details
- Computer literate (Windows, MS word and Excel)
- Good attitude towards the job
- Be self-motivated
- Be a good team player
- Be willing to make sound cost effective technical decisions
- Be able to work flexible hours and/or shifts to meet company schedules.
Desired To Have:
- Experience in Agie, Brother, Fanuc and/or Milltronics Controls.
- Experience with CAD design software, preferably SolidWorks
- Tool & Die making or Mould-making certificate.
Aspects of position:
- Clean working environment
- Good benefits and wages
- Autonomy within own function
- Very tight lead times required by customers
- Ability to multi-task with different machines and jobs.
Amphenol Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.