We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched in 1970 out of British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
- Responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of network infrastructure equipment KF Aerospace & related Companies.
- Plans, designs, analyzes, and provides technical support for data communications network or group of networks.
- Identifies, recommends, implements, and supports cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organizations.
- Conducts research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
- Provides technical support and assistance to the teams as required.
- Runs complex projects/programs from design and development to production
- Defines requirements and plans project lifecycle deployment
- Defines resources and schedules for project/program implementation
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Directs and oversees project team and manages conflicts within group
- Performs team assessments and evaluations
- Identifies and solves project issues
- Defines requirements for project risk
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
- Designs and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Manage Project Budget
Strategy & Planning
- Follow Strategy & Planning as set out by the CIO
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and TC regulations
- Lead and manage IT staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, coaching, professional development, and performance evaluation.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services, meeting internal SLA standards.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT infrastructure and networks in a complex, multi-site virtualized environment.
- Strong Vendor management and negotiating experience
- Cloud/PaaS experience an asset
- Minimum 5 years managing and mentoring IT teams
- Strong Customer service focus
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Network Supervisor
- Helpdesk Supervisor
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Life Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employee Pension
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kfaero.ca/careers