We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
The Heavy Duty Mechanic position reports to the Fabrication & GSE Supervisor and is responsible to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on various types of aircraft ground support equipment. This could include aircraft tugs, ground power units a/c and d/c, forklifts, hydraulic jacks, diesel generators, hydraulic carts, kloaders, scissor lifts, genie lifts, courtesy cars, fuel trucks and facility vehicles.
The work hours for this position are 40 hours per week which will consist of four ten-hour shifts; scheduled either from Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday. Overtime may be required as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Diagnose and troubleshoot defects in heavy duty equipment
· Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and ramp
· Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
· Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units
· Install and align engines and machinery
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance
· Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
· Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
· Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
· Adhere to workplace and company safety policies, regulations and compliances
· Other mechanical repair work as required
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
· Any appropriate credentials/certifications and/ experience as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical systems, including schematics and diagnostics
· Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills
· Knowledge of safe work operating procedures
· Experience with routine maintenance operations
· Experience working in dangerous or hazardous environments associated with the trade
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Ability to prioritize work assignments
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Able to work well under pressure
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people tactfully
· Medical and Dental Coverage
· Health Spending Account
· Disability, Critical Illness, and Life Insurance
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Employee Pension
· Personal Time Off and much more
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kfaero.ca/careers