We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
See your work take off to the skies! Join our team of proud Aircraft Painters and use state of the art facilities to complete unique design requests for our customers. Working with the colours, graphics and typographical elements of their brands, you play an exciting role in creating world-class aircraft livery. The Aircraft Painter position is ideally suited to someone who enjoys working with their hands, with a background in construction, manufacturing or automotive industries. The Aircraft Painter is responsible for a range of prep and paint work such as washing, stripping, cleaning, masking, etching, alodining and spraying aircraft and aircraft parts. You will work on a variety of projects ranging from minor paint touch-ups to full aircraft paint jobs. Some of our notable paint projects include Swoop Airlines, Conair Air Tankers, and Canadian North!
The position is an opportunity to turn your job into a career in the aviation industry, without any formal education required. The role is subject to a 3-year on-the-job training program allowing you to work towards becoming a Certified Aviation Painter, recognized by the Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA).
· Completion of High School
· Must be physically fit and able to work from heights
· Capable of climbing ladders and stairs, working in small spaces
· Able to lift parts up to 50 lbs
· Able to work with chemicals, paint, degreasers, respirations and latex gloves (KF Aerospace provides all personal protective equipment)
· Ability to work and communicate well with a team
· A valid Driver’s license
· Prior paint experience is an asset
HOURS OF WORK
· Must be open to working a very flexible schedule
· Shift work including days, afternoons, weekends and occasional graveyards
· All rotations are guaranteed 80 hours per two weeks
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an Aircraft Painter with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. The position starts at $17.28 with bi-annual performance and wage reviews. To qualify for certification, you must meet the following requirements:
· You must complete 36-months of on-the-job training
· Completion of the CCAA logbook for the Aviation Painter
KF will pay for any fees directly associated with obtaining the certification. Once these requirements are met, you are eligible for a promotion which expands your job responsibilities and moves them to a higher wage bracket. The Certified Aircraft Painter pay scale ranges from $23.48 (75%) - $31.31 (100%) and is subject to annual performance and wage reviews. There is also an additional $0.25/hour endorsement pay for sign-off authority.
· Medical and Dental Coverage
· Health Spending Account
· Disability, Critical Illness, and Life Insurance
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Employee Pension
· Personal Time Off and much more
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kfaero.ca/careers