TERMS: Full-time Seasonal from April until December
SHIFT: All Shifts – Various (Morning, Afternoon and Evening, including Weekends)
REPORTING TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in high volume production under supervision
- Perform general food production under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Partie
- Clean, organize and maintain work area
- Ensure proper labeling, dating and storage of all items in the kitchen
- Follows production pars set out by supervisors in order to reduce food cost expense
- While performing duties employee will be exposed to heat and cold in a moderate to loud environment.
- Adheres to all health and safety standards, guidelines and policies
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment to Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, Executive chef in timely fashion
- Cooks orders as per bill, Banquet Event Order (BEO) or prep list. Accommodate any special requests from our guests.
- Consistent food quality to Angus Glen presentation standards
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Completion of Food Handlers and HACCP
- Be fluent in English with reading and writing competency
- Diploma or Certification in a culinary discipline an asset
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to take directions
- Basic math skills
- Able to follow standardized recipes
- Collaborative; team player
- Practices sanitation standards at all times. Ensures all perishables are kept at the proper temperatures.
- Good conflict-resolution skills
- Work varying schedule to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic demeanor
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to inclusiveness. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.