Amphenol Canada Corp. an AS9100 Company, is a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation of Wallingford, CT. and is exclusively dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of connector systems for both the aerospace and commercial market segments.
The immediate issues facing the successful candidate are to develop a comprehensive understanding of blueprints, to meet quality requirements and production rates. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a high-pressure environment. Due to the nature of this position someone who is confident and alert would be best suited for this position. Performance will be measured by meeting production rates and meeting quality demands.
Opportunities for advancement and growth could be to Set-up/Operator, CNC Setter, Lead-hand then Management.
Operate CNC milling and lathe centers
Operate manual mills and varied work centers
Meet run rates as per the process routing sheet
Set-up and operate saw
Complete paper work as required
Notifies Lead-hand / Setters of discrepancies
Ensures that all documentation requirements are met i.e. S.P.C, precision records and time sheets
Ensures accuracy of parts prior to leaving workstation
Perform duties as instructed by Setters
Maintains superior housekeeping of machine, work area and plant facilities
Must be prepared to work Midnight Continental Shift
ASPECTS OF POSITION:
• Good salary and benefits.
• Potential for advancement.
• Skills advancement.
• Team environment.
• High-pressure environment.
• Noisy environment.
• Shift work demands.
• Overtime demands.
1. Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
2. Responsible for high Manufacturing Reporting Quality, Just-In-Time, and compliance to company standards.
3. Maintain good working relationships with others.
4. Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment, this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training
5. Commit to your self-development goals as discussed with your supervisor and attend all company-sponsored training.
Must have blue-print reading
Must have experience with computers
High school diploma.
Knowledge of inspection measuring equipment.
Good communication skills
Attention to detail due to inspection requirements.
Capacity to learn.
CNC training courses.
1 yr. of CNC machine experience or 2 years manual machine experience
Amphenol Canada Corp. is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.