- Create CNC Programs using MasterCam
- Create tooling sheets per CNC Programming requirements.
- Develop computer applications for machines and processes; development of production processes;
- Requisition special tools required to complete job
- Test program accuracy to identify faults.
- Make program corrections as required.
- Interact with inspection to ensure that coordinates correspond with the model.
- Read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, product drawings, technical requirements, customer specifications and program code for major CNC machine controllers.
- Develop manufacturing process sequences and prepare efficient CNC programs; develop manufacturing and processing procedures;
- Develop new tooling concepts and implement them into production.
- Perform shop math functions associated with setup and inspection procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum education requirement: College diploma in manufacturing technology or a related area and/or trade certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years CNC programming experience using MasterCam
- Experience in machining and tooling or metalworking
- Demonstrated MasterCam Programming Proficiency
- Demonstrated mastery of programming for 5 and 2+3 axis machines (MasterCam preferred)
- Experience with manufacturing precision-machined components and understanding of related processes, including heat treatment, plating, assembly and testing activities;
- Thorough hands on knowledge of metal cutting including feeds and speeds, metallurgy, tooling and cutters, fixturing, geometric tolerancing, and statistical process control.
- Knowledge of CNC machines & CAD, machining principles, tooling, fixturing and tool set up for precision parts;
- Mathematical aptitude and excellent knowledge of Planetary Geometry
- A thorough understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Criminal Record check, required upon offer.
- Ability to work independently or with supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to work within a team-based environment; team player;
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Must be computer literate (programming software, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Windows)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Shift: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, subject to change.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full time (42.5 hours/week). Overtime may be required.
Compensation: Base wage: CAD$26.00-$35.00/hr. Overtime rate of 1.5x regular rate.
Vacation: 2 weeks.
Other Compensation: Company group benefits plan after three months employment (includes medical benefits, dental benefits and life insurance benefits).