Latham Pool Products has an opening for a Licensed Industrial Mechanic (Red Seal Millwright) at our Brantford, Ontario manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, to support the operational objectives of Latham Pool Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot any mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical breakdowns.
- Active member of the shop safety programs and initiatives; maintains health, safety and environmental policies and documents our adherence.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Monitor tools, machines and other equipment and the condition and maintenance of the plant to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures. Maintain a Preventive Maintenance program.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labour, and outside contractors. Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bid from contractors.
- Conduct plant walk-through to identify and analyze corrective and preventive maintenance, and modification.
- Licensed Millwright (Red Seal) required (we are unable to offer an apprenticeship)
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance or related-industry experience
- Experience in mechanical installation, maintenance work and troubleshooting on plant mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems and equipment.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office
- The ability to work in a team environment, which includes being self motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events.
If you are interested in joining the Latham Pool Products team please apply through our Company applicant website.
Latham Pool Products embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to Latham Pool Products. Latham Pool Products complies with the Employment Standards Act and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted