Awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed companies in 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Forest Group of Companies is a vertically integrated diversified group of companies offering exterior construction material supply and services within the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on asphalt paving, concrete, municipal site services, landscape construction and other exterior construction, Forest has provided quality solutions for over 20 years.
We are currently looking for an Experienced AZ Driver to join our growing team!
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the AZ Driver will be responsible for operating a variety of Forest Contractor Ltd.’s commercial motor vehicles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Safely and effectively operating a tri-axle truck and trailer or a tractor hauling a live bottom.
- Reporting and communicating effectively with dispatchers, foremen and supervisors.
- Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensuring float equipment is on time and at the correct location allowing for traffic, weather, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment as per Forest Contractors Ltd.’s maintenance practices and procedures as well as manufacturers specifications.
- Following all applicable Federal (i.e., Transport Canada), Provincial (i.e., MTO) and local/jurisdictional legislation including but not limited to logbooks, weight restrictions, cargo securement and Highway Traffic Act regulations.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A valid AZ drivers license
- A current (within 30 days) Commercial Vehicle Operators Record (CVOR).
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A safety conscious attitude.
- The ability to drive safely in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of all CVOR requirements such as logbooks, hours of service, cargo securement, trip inspections, pre-trip inspections, etc.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits plan together with excellent career growth potential.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 3 years minimum, 5 years preferred
Required license or certification: AZ License