(HealthDay News) -- Too much stress at work may affect your job performance and overall health.
The American Psychological Association suggests how to cope with occupational stress:
- Keep a journal to track things that stressed you out, and how you dealt with them.
- When you feel stressed, minimize the effects by exercising, reading and getting plenty of sleep.
- Make sure you're not thinking about work all the time.
- Practice relaxation techniques to help you wind down. Deep breathing, mindfulness and meditation are good examples.
- If you feel overwhelmed, talk to your supervisor. Ask about support resources to help employees cope.
Published by Tucson